[CQ-Contest] SSB Sprint 75m

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SSB Sprint 75m
From: Bill and Cindy <wb0o@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:25:49 -0800 (PST)
An excellent point is made here.

I suspect the main reason there has not been a shift to 3.600-3.675 for
the SSB Sprint is that this is an Extra-class only segment, and would
exclude some potential ops. Maybe that's true? It's hard to imagine that
activity levels could get lower.

I used to operate the SSB Sprints but got tired of the BS around 3.830.
Spending the last 90 minutes in that part of the band was unbearable.

Also, I keep my 75/80 antenna resonant at 3.520 for CW and would have
to go adjust it for 3.830 to operate the Sprint. That extra effort is
not conducive to spontaneous participation.

It would be great to have the "official" 75M SSB Sprint frequencies near
3.625

73, Bill KO7AA in Tucson, AZ