Re: [CQ-Contest] Host A Rookie, but ...

To: "CQ-Contest@contesting. com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Host A Rookie, but ...
From: "Dave - AB7E" <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:11:56 -0700
You can get a perfectly serviceable refurbished computer for $200 that would do
everything you need.  A new computer-capable contest rig with few frills (such
as a K3 with minimal options) would cost you about $2K.  N1MM is free and very
simple to use if you set it up right, and it doesn't require any kind of keying
interface other than an RS-232 cable (which somebody would probably also be
willing to give to you for free.)  Whether you'd need better internet access is
debatable.

73,
Dave   AB7E