Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Contest logging question: PE and PEI

To: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@adinet.com.uy>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Contest logging question: PE and PEI
From: Henk Remijn PA5KT <pa5kt@remijn.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 08:41:44 +0100
The rules say:
"W/VE stations in the 48 contiguous United States and Canada (except in
the islands of St Paul and Sable) send signal report and state or
province. "
PEI and PE seems to be valid abbreviations for this province and as the
rules dont define them I guess it is up to the logcheckers to see what
is valid.
How about Île-du-Prince-Édouard? In Quebec they speak french, so in
french I guess it would be IPE or IDPE? Also valid? :-)

It might be an idea for the orginizing committee to specify in the rules
what they expect to send. Something like the postal abbreviation of the
state.
It is not clear for the senders as well, I worked someone during the cw
contest who sent me several times MONT as state, he was very weak, but
after some tries he came back with MT. With a less receiving antenna
this would have been a busted qso. Was it 5NN MO K? or 5NN MONT?

73 Henk PA5KT

--
Henk Remijn PA5KT
email: pa5kt@remijn.net