Re: [CQ-Contest] serial numbers

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] serial numbers
From: Mike N0HI <mike@n0hi.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 22:55:31 -0400
I am disappointed the rule read "progressive."  "Sequential" would have
been a lot more fun...

Fibonacci sequence would be a sequential number (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8).  In
fact, the 20th Q made would be # 6,765.  That's right...fifteen minutes
in and already 6k Q's.  But you have to send the # 1 twice, so this one
is sort of dirty.

Even better, the Morris Number sequence (1, 11, 21, 1211, 111221,
312211).  Holy cow, the 6th Q is # 312,211!

Is it April 1 yet?  I think we've had this discussion before...

--
Mike DeChristopher, N0HI
http://www.n0hi.net