Re: [CQ-Contest] Going from 50 to 70 ft.

To: "'Edward Swynar'" <gswynar@durham.net>, "'Ralph Bellas'" <k9zo@hotmail.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Going from 50 to 70 ft.
From: "Chet" <chetmoore@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 19:18:03 -0400
I think  that doubling you height thing is  one old wives tale that some of
the guys on the reflector can speak to.  Lots of guys out there now that
have the same antenna stacked at 160 ft 100 feet and 40feet that can phase
em all, or use any individual beam separately.  I am sure they will weigh in
on this.  Of course it depends on whether you are a contester or a dx'er but
The PVRC video tapes featuring W3LPL recommend that if you can only have one
tower, make it a 100 Footer.  At any given time on any given band you will
find large differences between the high and low beam and stacking 2 or 3 of
em fills in most of the nulls in between.

73

Chet