[CQ-Contest] Unwanted callers and QSL cards

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Unwanted callers and QSL cards
From: Steve <steve65@suddenlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 21:05:18 -0400
What do you do from a logging perspective when you call (for instance)
CQ GEORGIA and get responses from non-Georgia stations?

Do you log them? If you don't log them and a few days later get a QSL
card asking for a card in return, what do you do then?

I made a few hundred QSO's last weekend in the Georgia QSO Party, much
of them by calling CQ GEORGIA. Over 50 stations ignored my GEORGIA ONLY
plea and called me. And now I've got a handful of QSL cards wanting
cards from me. Happens in other state QSO parties, too :-(

I'd prefer not to take time and effort to log those non-Georgia
stations. But if I do not log them, what do I do with the QSL cards I
get and for which I have no log entry?

Just wondering how others deal with this situation . . . .

Steve K8JQ

--
Read The Patriot Post    Vertitas vos Liberabit