Re: [CQ-Contest] 40m Broadcast stations moving back in?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40m Broadcast stations moving back in?
From: VR2BrettGraham <vr2bg@harts.org.hk>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:10:11 +0000
VE6JY said:

> SWBC stations adjust their broadcast schedules quarterly and that just
> happened in April, so it's not a conspiracy to move back to 40m, just a
> seasonal thing. Some will be reminded of their transgressions, some will
> move and some won't.  It's still WAY better than in the past.

There are two schedules per year, not four.

The number of scheduled hours of b'cast in 7100-7200 kc coordinated by
HFCC (which covers something like three-quarters of what is transmitted
on SW apparently), from their most recent schedule (starting from just
before end of March), increased over 2.5 times to 92 hours/day.  The
number of frequencies used increased from 3 to 4.

Those are the white hats.  The black hats are still using at least 3 or
4 frequencies.  I used to help compile the IARU Region 3 Monitoring
System report & the band segment was still rather chock-a-block for a
number months after it was supposed to have been vacated.  Detailed
summary of state-of-play no longer done, but seems there wasn't quite
the sort of "new" band in R1 or R3 that is seen in R2.  Watching from
PI4THT the other day around 0400 GMT, only found six frequencies in
use.  Better than the past, but not compared to just recently.

73, ex-VR2BG/p.