Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of CW decoders in contests - NO, IT IS NOT "SIMPLE

To: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of CW decoders in contests - NO, IT IS NOT "SIMPLE"
From: Iain MacDonnell - N6ML <ar@dseven.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:15:50 -0700
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 7:15 PM, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:
> * On 2010 31 May 20:06 -0500, Radio K0HB wrote:
>> Doug,
>>
>> In my opinion, internet email reflectors are mostly fact-free.
>
> How is this a reflector?  Where I come from they're called mail lists.
> No one else but hams have mis-named this function a "reflector".

I'd been assuming that this terminology was a hangover from packet
radio, or something, although I can't find any reference to non-email
"packet reflectors". I work for a UNIX-based company, and there,
mailing lists are referred to as "aliases", because that's the
mechanism that was used to create them in the olden days.

    ~Iain / N6ML