[CQ-Contest] WPX - Tribander/wires category

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX - Tribander/wires category
From: "James Cain" <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 23:31:08 -0400
Oleg:

While I do not speak for the contest sponsors, I would think, to paraphrase The
Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland, "tribander" can mean just about whatever you
want it to mean. The intent of the category is to provide a preserve for people
with modest stations as opposed to people with monobanders. Think "one boom."
If you feel like you belong in theTB-wires category, then you surely do.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Atlantic City USA

----------------

Hi, All!

How many elements the tri-bander can have to match this category?

Another question - the multi-element-multi-band quad antennas are
very popular in the exUSSR. Usually such antennas use separate feeders
 for every band (so it looks like use of quads is illegal in this category).
But some folks think if they put the switching box at the antenna boom it
will be legal to use such antenna in the TB-wires category (they also think
that there is no elements number limit).

Can someone explain what the meaning of the "tri-bander" phrase in the WPX
rules?

Regards,
Oleg
73 de UR3IQO