Re: [CQ-Contest] public logs

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] public logs
From: "Ed Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:03:23 -0700
Art, K3KU, wrote:
> Yes, this has been discussed many times before.  (And it will
> probably come up again, sigh!)  One valid (IMHO) reason NOT
> to have public logs, even if you are not fudging, is that it
> would reveal the secrets of your operating success.  (At
> least that's the theory.  At my level, there are no secrets
> worth hiding.)  But not everybody agrees that operating
> secrets make a difference.

Of those operators who believe there is value in reviewing past logs, some
hold the view that "sharing secrets" is healthy for radiosport and its
participants.  Sharing your successes motivates you to enhance your
operating skill further to remain competitive.  This is good for the
individual and the hobby.

Ed - W0YK