Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU 2009 and 2010 and ????

To: DF3KV <df3kv@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU 2009 and 2010 and ????
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:23:42 -0600
On 6/11/2010 11:11 AM, DF3KV wrote:

> What I see as one possible reason for all that trouble is the fact that the
> rules for the IARU WM do not clearly show what is just hidden in the ARRL
> contest rules:
>
> Extract:
>
> 3.3. An operator may not use more than one call sign from any given location
> during the contest period.
>
> 3.5. A transmitter used to contact one or more stations may not be
> subsequently used under any other call during the contest period....

The rules only apply if you send in a log and want your score counted
towards an award.  If 100 members of a club work the same HQ station,
using their own calls, and none of them submit a log, then no rule has
been broken.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us