Re: [CQ-Contest] PUBLIC LOGS

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PUBLIC LOGS
From: "N7mal" <n7mal@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 07:25:33 -0000
I have been following this thread mostly for its entertainment value. This
is not the first time for this thread and I'm sure it won't be the last. The
most valuable point has already been made but first the ""silliest""
statement: "' If you are unwilling to open your log, people will not know
whether or not you are cheating. "" I am more than willing to open my log to
the contest committee, they make any determinations that need to be
made.....NOT YOU.......

The posting, below, by Albert is exactly why logs should never be made
public(unless by the owner of the log).
Instead of accepting the decision of "Not in the Log" you invent excuses to
fit your point of view. You manipulate what you see in black and white to
some silly shade of pink and blue and in the end you change nothing. Instead
of accepting the fact you screwed up, which is most likely, or the other op
screwed up you want to make a big production out of 1 contact.
If logs were to be made public there would be an onslaught of this kind of
'Krap'. Contest committees do very good job, unfortunately they would never
get their work done because their email inboxes would be full of the type of
nonsense already displayed by Albert. It would take a contest committee 5 or
6 years to post results if they had to respond to the hundreds of Albert's
that would created by publishing logs.

The ARRL makes it clear a couple of places in their general rules:
2.3.Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the ARRL Awards
Committee.
7.9. In all cases, the decisions of the ARRL Awards Committee are final.

CQ magazine has similar rules. None of the rules say anything about the
decision being final upon
review by K3KU, I5VHJ, etc etc etc.

Is there something productive to contesting we could be discussing?????
73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ