[CQ-Contest] WRTC Kudos

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, AOCC <aocc@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Kudos
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 22:42:17 -0700
I just thought I'd volunteer a couple of plaudits regarding the WRTC
event.  I wasn't able to put in any kind of significant effort in the
contest this year due to the arrival of the summer monsoon thunderstorms
here in southern Arizona, so I simply kept one eye on the weather and
chased WRTC stations on 20m CW when I had the chance.

1.  I was extremely impressed with the uniformity of signals from the
WRTC stations.  The band was full of them on Saturday evening and it got
to where I could pick them out before ever hearing their callsign since
they were all at the same strength and had just a bit of flutter.  I
think the event organizers deserve a huge pat on the back for creating
that kind of level playing field.

2.  I worked 38 of the WRTC stations (all on 20m CW), and I didn't have
to send my callsign twice to any of them.  I'm serious ... not a single
WRTC station needed a fill.  I sent at either 28 WPM or 30 WPM depending
upon the how fast the WRTC station was sending, and while that is
certainly not a particularly fast speed I think it is a pretty strong
testament to the qualifications of these teams that all 38 stations
copied my complete callsign the first time in spite of whatever QRN or
QRM they may have had on their end.

73,
Dave   AB7E