Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspotting, and its

To: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspotting, and its impact
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:03:48 +0400
Hello all!

Although I do not think that spotting in this WRTC influenced all that much
on the top three positions, I would agree that excessive cheerleading
spotting might have a negative influence on Fair Play issues in any contest.

The best thing would be to have an active dialogue with the leading spotting
networks and to serisouly consider to perform "necessary computer systems
maintenance" during the next WRTC. In this way, we will avoid this kind of
somewhat bitter aftertaste, when some people will not agree to the
excellence of the winner, while claiming that spotting was part of the
success.

The teams I met during this WRTC represent the golden elite of contest
operators. They are in no need of spots to perform, and I think they would
all agree to run WRTC without spots...

My personal opinion is that our major contests also would benefit from
"technical maintenance" and temporary shut-down of clusters...

73 de R3/SM6LRR, Mats
(WRTC 2010 Referee)