Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspottinganditsimpa

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] List of WRTC stations / Results /Overspottinganditsimpact
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 22:59:32 -0500
The sad thing about spotting is that at this time, as far as I know, it
cannot be regulated. All you can do is gather info on spots after the
contest like K1TTT does and try to make some assumptions from it. Even
those don't prove anything. They just leave big question marks.

Until there is a time when the entire packet system is overhauled and
everyone who posts a spot is positively identified, we'll have to live with
it. And I gather that would be a major undertaking.

73, Zack W9SZ