Re: [CQ-Contest] Speed Change Prevents Skimmer Spot

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Speed Change Prevents Skimmer Spot
From: Richard Hill <rehill@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 06:41:24 -0700
Jim, this does not make sense to me.  You may be making the best use of
your time in the contest, but it seems that lightning speed exchanges
encourage operators to depend on spot or skimmer data--at their and your
risk--or increase repeat requests (apparently not in your case) and may
well discourage operators who are working to improve their code
reading.  I believe that part of N6TJ's code includes reasonable
Elmering and ham spirit, as long as it does not impede overall contest rate.

Of course, I understand that "CQ" and "5NN" may be the most recognized
CW phrases at any speed.

Rich
NU6T