[CQ-Contest] Non-controversial Skimmer post

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Non-controversial Skimmer post
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:18:47 -0400
I have posted a brief explanation of the new Spot Analysis Tool
<http://reversebeacon.net/analysis> offered by the Reverse Beacon
Network, on the RBN Blog <http://reversebeacon.blogspot.com/> at
<http://reversebeacon.blogspot.com/> (in case your e-mail reader doesn't
support embedded links).  It seems to me that this could be a very
useful way for serious contesters to assess their real-world strengths
and weaknesses.  Do you open the band before your competition?  Do you
close it after they have faded away?

As a demonstration, I ran a comparison of the signals of four of the
most-often-spotted WRTC competitors as heard at ES5PC's reverse beacon,
and you can see the results on the blog, or try it yourself.  The tool
is not restricted to contests, either, so you can use it to run
comparisons of your signal and that of anyone else, on any reverse
beacon on any covered continent (we still need reverse beacons in Africa
and Oceania).

--
73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com