Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton 2011

To: Van Van't Slot <VanV@USTECHNOLOGIES.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton 2011
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 22:45:34 -0400
I hope you guys will check out the total cost of staying at the
Doubletree.  There might be some unpleasant surprises.

This past July, I attended to the Central States VHF Conference in St.
Louis, which was held at a Doubletree.  Beyond the $120 room rate for a
single room, I was annoyed at the charge of $15/day for Internet access
and $16/day for a run-of-the-mill continental breakfast.  I declined
both of those opportunities for them to raid my wallet, and I'm not sure
what the charges are at the Dayton Doubletree, but I would point out
that at the Crowne Plaza, both of those items are complimentary.

I'm not in any way trying to defend the CP's rate increase, just make
sure you count all of the charges when comparing apples to oranges.
Perhaps those extras I mentioned aren't important to you...

Dave/K8CC
Staying at the Crowne Plaza in 2011