[CQ-Contest] Anonymity of CQWW Contest Committee Actions

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Anonymity of CQWW Contest Committee Actions
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 05:45:10 -0400
For as long as I can remember, the CQWW Contest Committee has sought to
avoid assigning responsibility for any action to a single individual -
except when K3EST speaks for it, and then not in specific cases.  I
suspect this is out of concern that negative decisions could trigger
reprisals from those affected, ranging from Internet harassment to
(perhaps) lawsuits - remember Don Miller.  I agree that the result is a
somewhat spooky impression of a disembodied voice from on high, but
don't have a ready answer on how to do it better.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,