Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX call question

To: <k5zd@charter.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX call question
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:45:19 -0400
While I'm not familiar with the two stations, a quick look at the prefix
cross reference shows that CR6 was the pre-1976 regular prefix for Angola,
so it's very possible that a special WPX prefix call was assigned.

And XX7 was a pre-1976 prefix for Mozambique.  Now considering that the
regular pre-76 prefix was CR7, and the regular pre-76 prefix for Macao was
CR9, a clear pattern appears here.  So it's very possible that XX6 was a
special WPX prefix call as well for Angola.

So my strong suspicion, pending hard evidence to the contrary, is that these
were the WPX special calls for, most likely, CR6LF & CR6OZ, and that they
were (are) located in Angola.  I wouldn't change a thing.

73