[CQ-Contest] Sub Popgun had some fun

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sub Popgun had some fun
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 16:02:42 -0400
Yesterday, I played in the NYQP again - I don't contest much, simply because my
station is so limited (I did enjoy the few times I've gotten to go to other
stations)

This year, I almost doubled my score from last year!  The big change?  After
years of saying "I really should get the DVK working in N1MM" I DID - Boy, in a
small contest like NYQP, I knew I could run (I did some last year - manually),
but having the DVK do it made life a LOT more pleasurable

My big question - how the heck do you guys really BIC?  I have a top end chair
(custom BodyBilt) and the like, but I find after 3-4 hours, I MUST get up,
stretch etc, as I get extremely stiff (health issues also come into play) .  I
don't have to get up for LONG, and if the rate is low, I can usually stay
within headphone range - aka JUST in front of the desk, and I usually use that
time to make any necessary 'personal' breaks (the door to the 'small room' is a
whopping 5 ft from the station)

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)

My Website: http://www.thegallos.com