Re: [CQ-Contest] Will a Ham IV Rotator fit inside a Rohn 25 tower tip se

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Will a Ham IV Rotator fit inside a Rohn 25 tower tip section ?
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 06:26:05 -0500
* On 2010 03 Nov 05:19 -0500, Dennis Vernacchia wrote:
> A friend e-mailed me that he has a 25AG section
>
> I used to recall Rohn 25G
>
> not a clue what an AG nomenclature means and if that means a Ham IV will fit
> inside section ?

Yes.  There should be a Rohn rotor mounting plate that is drilled to
accept the HAM rotor series available (not cheap, but nice to get).  If
memory serves, the AG top section is the better reinforced top with a
2.125" ID top tube, at least that's what's on my tower out at my folk's
place that now only does TV antenna and WISP duty.

73, de Nate >>