Re: [CQ-Contest] SS CW question

To: KI9A@aol.com, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS CW question
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 08:07:19 -0600
I agree,  I ran into that a few times,  it may make "Their" exchange be
sent faster,  but it sure threw off my rhythm off a LOT so I sometimes
missed the CK and section and had to ask for them to be repeated.  kinda
kills the effect of trying to make it faster doesn't it?

As far as the "Rules" go  I'll say it again,  But I'm in the minority
here because last time I brought it up I was shot down  was what number
is sent in the CK.  to me the rules say  the year the station got it's
first license. Whereas here on the list most people said any number is
fine just as long as   the number never changes through the contest.

To me this is totally wrong.  It is part of the variable of the
contest.  If it doesn't matter then why do we all just start sending 59
for the check and make it easier for everyone?

This was the first contest I ever operated in way back in 1975.  So it
have some very sentimental feelings in it. And to me not following the
rules to the letter is just plain corrupting it.

Just My thoughts.

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme