Re: [CQ-Contest] SS CW question

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS CW question
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 07:55:11 -0600
For me it does. I personally like a minimum of accoutrements when
operating SS. I use a computer logging program but I send my CW with a
keyer. I copy the Morse with my own ears. I do not use Super Check or
any database of past loggings. I log what I hear and rely on the
computer to say "DUPE" when I've typed in the entire call. I don't use
packet. I don't use Skimmer or band scopes, etc.

I have nothing against others using all the different tools that are
around; I just don't care for all of them myself.

I don't plan on ever winning anything in SS. I have never gotten a
Sweep. I do it for the pure enjoyment of operating. The end of the
contest is always a letdown for me. Same with the various DX and other
contests. I am sure there are others out there who feel the same way I
do. Maybe not too many anymore but at least a couple.

73, Zack W9SZ