[CQ-Contest] Roofing filter improvements?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <DX-IS@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Roofing filter improvements?
From: "John Geiger" <aa5jg@fidmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:50:51 -0000
I have a mid level, late 90s rig on the way that has had the INRAD roofing
filter installed in it. This is supposed to be a 5 to 6khz wide roofing filter,
not some of the real narrow ones we are seeing today.  What kind of performance
improvement are others seeing with these roofing filters?  Is it likely to turn
a mid level rig into something usable in crowded contest and DXing conditions?
The rig will also have a 250hz CW INRAD filter and a 1.8khz INRAD filter
installed.

73s John AA5JG