Re: [CQ-Contest] Disruption of Emergency Communication during CQWW SSB c

To: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Disruption of Emergency Communication during CQWW SSB contest
From: Ryan Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:36:01 -0500
Utopia is lovely.

Unfortunately reality is here, and reality says that no matter how
many times you tell people to QRX, some people simply will not listen.

So you come to a reasonable compromise, where emergency comms can have
their frequencies clear without as much QRM from contesters, or anyone
else for that matter.

This is one of the reasons why having mode restrictions in the US is
still a good thing.

One of the reasons for lobbying for the 60m band as well was to have a
nice regional band for emergency comms.

So your choice, either you yell at people to behave, or find a way to
work within the system.

73
Ryan, N2RJ

--