[CQ-Contest] Disruption of Emergency Communication during CQWW - another

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Disruption of Emergency Communication during CQWW - another suggestion
From: "Martin Durham" <w1md@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:54:50 -0500
There has been plenty of discussion about 'avoiding' the frequencies during
contests...

"Maybe" one or more of the loud Caribbean stations (I include ourselves at
PJ4X for this past event...being that we were narrowly missed) could have
'opted out' of the contest and 'assisted' with the emergency traffic
net...hmmm, we have loud stations and can hear and work pretty much whoever
we want/need to...

Something to consider for all those folks who travel to the Caribbean for
contest weekends...especially during Hurricane season.

Yes, you may be out of the contest...but you just 'may' help save a life...

73,
W1MD
QSL Manager for PJ4X (October 2010 CQWWSSB event only!!!)