[CQ-Contest] VY0JA and FT-990

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] VY0JA and FT-990
From: "J. Parke Allen" <vy1ja@live.ca>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 18:06:09 +0000
VY0JA at Alert, NU was a humble start, with very small operations in both WW
and SS.   If I am asked to go again, I plan to use a vertical, which I would
like to try here at VY1JA first.  Can someone recommend a multiband vertical
which packs small enough for going up by air as baggage?

CW on the FT-990 died days  before I left Alert.  Anyone out there who has a
solid understanding of the FT-990 CW keying circuit, or who knows of a
FT-990 which has been scrapped or is being sold for parts, please contact
vy1ja at live dot ca with your phone number and I will call you.

Thanks, and see you in the contests on CW.

J.,

VY1JA - VY0JA