[CQ-Contest] Need RBN User Feedback

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Need RBN User Feedback
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 08:20:43 -0500
The RBN seems to have done pretty well this weekend, with over 1,700,000
spots logged for the two days, and minimal outages that we could see
from the Telnet server end.  What we would really like, now, is feedback
from the user community, sent *directly* to me, N4ZR@contesting.com, so
as *not* to burden the reflector.

Did you connect to:
a) the RBN Telnet server (telnet.reversebeacon.net:7000),
b) to one of the backup servers (K4TD or N4ZR),
c) to VE7CC-1 or another CC Cluster node, or
d) directly to one or more RBN stations?

If you answered a) or b), did you experience any disconnections or other
system problems during the contest?  Please describe.

What did you think of the quality of the spots you received, so far as:
a) frequency accuracy,
b) busted call rate, and
c) rate of mis-identification of S&P stations as running, or running
stations being missed by the RBN

What was your overall impression of the service?  What needs to be improved?

Please, be frank.  You have a chance here to influence the future of a
system that has only begun to take shape.

--
73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,