[CQ-Contest] VO1DD Emergency QRM

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] VO1DD Emergency QRM
From: DK Card <weatherdeck@persona.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 09:10:36 -0330
Good morning,

Firstly let me say that Mr. Zibert ,  VE3ZIK , who was operating DD4B last
weekend has been very gracious in his response.  I did e-mail him directly
and he was totally unaware that he was interfering with emergency comms.  Of
that , I am now certain.  I thanked him and I also wanted the reflector to
know that we had in fact communicated directly with each other.  I am
absolutely satisfied that there was no intent to interfere with our
emergency for the sake of contesting.  Thank you Zrinko!  I appreciate your
comments.

In my post to the reflector , I may have let myself re-live the moment and
become a bit bitter towards contesters as a whole.  I would like to
apologize for that.  That was not my intent and I should not have allowed
myself to get into that frame of mind.  I regret offending the contest
community as a whole .  I'm sure operators in the contest community have
their own stories of being interfered with in the course of a contest.

As I said in my initial submission yesterday , I have many ham operator
friends who are excellent contesters and I should have kept them in mind
while making my comments.  That might have helped me mediate my response.

Again to any contesters who were offended by my comments , I sincerely
apologize.

73

Doug  VO1DD