Re: [CQ-Contest] if a station submits a log with a different class ifica

To: Steve Lott <lottsphoto@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] if a station submits a log with a different class ification versus what they gave over the air
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@fidmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 13:28:47 -0600
Shouldn't matter, they just get entered in the M category.  Since it really
doesn't matter what they send as a PREC (it matters about as much as what is
sent for the check), the real important thing is what category they declare
themselves in at entry time.

Here is a kind of related question I have:  Supposed during the CQWW or ARRL
DX contest I decide to do a single band unassisted entry.  So I operate on
15 meters all day without cluster assistance.  The band shuts down so I
decide to try to pick up some new band countries on 40 and 80 meters at
night.  I will log the stations I work, but is it OK for me to use cluster
assistance on those bands?  I am not using it on 15m which is my band of
entry.

73s John AA5JG