[RFI] Power levels and TVI

To: rfi@contesting.com, DX-IS@yahoogroups.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Power levels and TVI
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@fidmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:39:08 -0600
I found out yesterday that I am having some occasional TVI with one of the
neighbors.  She is really cool about it but I don't know if it is also an
issue with others in the neighborhood, plus I would like to be courteous
about my operating as well.  I am using a low pass filter, so I am assuming
that the TV's front end is getting overloaded at times, as our houses are
only a few feet apart and they have cable for TV instead of picking it up
off the air.  I am running 100 watts to a pretty much unity gain antenna.
What power levels do others find works to reduce TV overloading?  Would
going to 25 watts make a big difference? Need to drop power further than
that?

73s John AA5JG