Re: [CQ-Contest] Congrats to Russian DX Contest cracking down cheating

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Congrats to Russian DX Contest cracking down cheating
From: Jukka Klemola <jpklemola@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 14:18:18 +0200
2011/2/11 Ken Widelitz <widelitz@gte.net>:
> Actually, these new rules make a lot of sense. The requirements are
> minimally intrusive. Much less so than a referee in the shack.

Great comment!
Easy to follow.

My word is to everybody, please do not have a cat over this.

(stretching the idea from a Bart S saying don't have a cow, man)

> What serious competitor doesn't use computer logging? What serious
> competitor doesn't have the computer tracking frequency so as to switch
> filters and antennas?

This is the point.
In case someone wants to get to top 3 in RDXC, typically there will be
some new technology at the station.

In RDXC the spotting system usage is allowed.

I claim it is not possible to get into top 3 without a Cluster Aided
Transceiver.

> 73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT

73,
Jukka OH6LI