Re: [CQ-Contest] More busted calls in RBN than human spots?

To: Robert Brandon <rb@austin.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] More busted calls in RBN than human spots?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 14:44:59 -0500
I don't think that we want to introduce noise into the data - such
randomization needs to be applied at the user's option.  Doesn't
Win-Test have such an option?

I'm afraid that both kinds of spots suffer from the same problem - that
is, both Skimmer and traditional spots are rounded to the nearest 0.1
KHz.  You'll see some degree of scattering among Skimmer spots on the
RBN due to calibration differences, but most RBN contributors are
working hard to get on frequency within 50 Hz or so.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,