Re: [CQ-Contest] Busted Skimmer Spots

To: <zephd@indy.rr.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Busted Skimmer Spots
From: BRYON PAUL n0ah VEAL <bryonveal@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 21:41:41 -0700
I just think skimmer technology is in it's beginning- to handle the load during
a contest and have a few busted calls, well, all I can say you should know code
to work a CW contest- I will always see it as a great tool, but I doubt if I'll
ever just sit there and log in a call without hearing it- The volunteer system
putting this together should get medals-Not whining.  It is amazing technology,
but reading these complaints on busted calls bringing into question of those
complaining knowing code to operate in DX Ally in the first place- Does DX
Summit have a higher busted call rate?  Sometimes after the bars close, that
site can be a real fun house- hihi

I suggest just be happy that your finding possible mults in the shortest amount
of time available with this technology and live with having to correct a few-
Not trying to be rude, but if I ran a skimmer station, and had to read these
complaints, I might just unplug things for a contest-

Skimmer stations, thank you so much to those putting skimmer systems on line
and helping inform us of DX spots and the reverse beacon network- so very fb in
understanding the science of propagation!!!  I feel like I'm in a Star Trek
movie watching this stuff possibly move us forward in the understand of HF
propagation at a huge clip-along-pace- I'd put contesting second to the science
and development this technology offers- And one more thing, if a rig is
clipping a character, is it the skimmer station reporting its call sign who is
suppose to fix it? - I hope we are not at that level yet of expectations-

73  Paul  N0AH

 Bryon "Paul" Veal  ARS-n0ah
n0ah@arrl.net