[CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for 2011 NY QSO Party

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Rule Changes for 2011 NY QSO Party
From: "NY QSO Party" <NYqsoParty@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:47:33 -0400

Due to concerns sent to  <mailto:info@nyqp.org> info@nyqp.org about our NYQP
Rules, we have decided that there needed to be more clarification on the
Mobile Category.
With research and feedback, we decided that we needed to add another
category to the Class Entries. This is what we have decided and has been
posted
on the NYQP 2011 Rules. These rules are accessible on the NYQP.org
<http://www.nyqp.org/>  site

CLASS ENTRY:                                                 Class (select
one)
*       Single Operator - One person completes all contacts and logging
functions
*       Multi-Single - Multiple operators with only a single transmitted
signal at a time
*       Multi-Multi - Multiple operators, multiple transmitters
*       School - A recognized educational institution, operators consisting
of students, faculty, staff and alumni
*       Mobile - A mobile station is defined as one that can be operated
while in motion, independent of external sources of power, and does not
utilize any antennas not attached to the vehicle. Single or multiple
operator(s). With each County change the station may again make three mode
contacts per band. No County line operations.
*       Rover - A Rover station is a station that is capable of moving from
one place to another, but is typically using an antenna that is set up on
site, then torn down and moved to another site. Single or multiple
operator(s). With each County change the station may again make three mode
contacts per band. No County line operations.
*       Rookie - For recently licensed Amateurs, single operator, low power
only. For 2011 NYQP the licensing date beings on January 1, 2008.  (2012
NYQP, January 1, 2009, etc.)

We want to thank all who have given us feedback on this topic.

Paul and Rick are no longer assuming the roles of NYQP coordinators, as we
have new NYQP Coordinators taking over our duties for 2011

Please welcome Brent - KC2QLJ, Sarah - AK2D, and Ben - AK2X as the new NYQP
Coordinators. We certainly hope that you extend the same time, patience and
courtesy to them as you have so graciously done in the past for us.

See you on October 15th in the 2011 NY QSO Party

73,  Paul - K2DB & Rick - W1TY 2010 NYQP Coordinators