Re: [CQ-Contest] [N1MM] CW Timing Issues?

To: N1MMLogger@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [N1MM] CW Timing Issues?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 15:09:41 -0400
It seems that good programmers like Don Agro (MacLogger DX) and
Thomas Linder (RUMLog/RUMped) don't have any trouble with good
quality CPU generated CW ("bit pounding") although they cam also
use WinKey either directly or as part of a microHAM "Keyer."

The LINUX community is universally doing "bit pounding" for CW
and OS-X is nothing but a pretty face on top of a BSD back end.

While I prefer WinKey for its other advantages - particularly
the ability to use the paddles rather than a keyboard - with
well written software, a competent programmer should not have
problems with CPU generated CW unless the user is trying to do
too much "stuff" in the background.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV