[CQ-Contest] 4-22-2011 SNS

To: "'CQ-contest@contesting.com'" <CQ-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 4-22-2011 SNS
From: Chris Tate - N6WM <ctate@ewnetinc.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:25:07 -0700
****Announcing the NCCC's (Northern California Contest Club) weekly Thursday
night running of the SNS.****

Please wait just a split second on jump balls ("ns" talk for several stations
answering a CQ).  Please be aware of the fact that there are stations just
getting acclimated to sprinting, and can be easily intimidated so keep a sharp
friendly ear, and maybe let a station inheriting a frequency throw out a cq
prior to calling them.

Please keep your speed to between 18 to 26  WPM.  Stations running on the
higher side of this please be willing to QRS for some of the slower operators.
Remember we are trying to welcome new sprinters to our ranks!

As usual We will be preceding  NSL XI    (A fantastic warm up for all, see
notes from  N6ZFO ), with a 10 minute break prior. So for now, the Slow Speed
NS is from 0200z to 0220z+  22 April 2011 .

Frequencies:
20 m      14037-14043
40 m      7040-7047
80 m      3537-3543

POWER: 100 watt limit.

If you don't hear a CQ, send a CQ and don't worry about the couplet since this
is only practice and hopefully an introduction to sprints for newbies.  I think
stations might answer a CQ more likely than call CQ themselves.  With that said
remember that newbies are listening to get up the nerve to jump in so don't
hesitate to make Q's.

The SNS, NS and NS Ladder and the NCCC/NS Net on 3610 immediately following at
0300 are all part of the "Thursday night contesting" experience sponsored by
the Northern California Contest Club!

Sites to help everyone for sprint contests.

NS home website is:
http://www.ncccsprint.com/
http://www.contesting.com/articles/198
http://n6tr.jzap.com/sprint.html

Need help with your logging software, macros, etc.? Feel free to drop me an
email and we will do our best to assist!

73 es GL

New SNS Website and more exciting changes to come in the near future!  We are
working on it so stay tuned!

Chris
N6WM
Contest Director, SNS