Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest analysis available

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Russian DX Contest analysis available
From: "Braco OE1EMS" <oe1ems@emssolutions.at>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 07:37:52 +0200
First thanks to Stan for great tool!!!!

24 hours for RDXC is perfekt format!
48 hours will slow down the contest for a lot!

There are allready to many 48 hours contest end of feb
and begining of the march, there will be no enough time
for serius SOAB entrant to recover.

For example:
in my case i need to travel to my contest QTH, for 48h contest
it took me at least 4 days for traveling and contest
and whole next week to recover.....in compare to 24 h contest
4 days are more or less enough to back into "normal life"!
Not much better entering Multi Op categories staying whole
weekend on the station!

Comparing RDXC with WPX is unfair......even with SSB part!
Right way will be probably to mix CW and SSB and to take out 24 hours
and to compare it with RDXC (if condx are same)!

There is no doubt that RDXC is one of the best contest we have, only
what i am missing are open logs like in WPX or CQ WW.
I hope that RDX CCwill keep with such good work and there will be
no change to 48 hours!

73s
Braco E77DX