[CQ-Contest] distance based scoring

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] distance based scoring
From: Rick Dougherty NQ4I <nq4i@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:44:02 -0400
Nothing could be fairer.....it is obvious who is against this
measure...it's the New England stations and the Caribbean stations who
have enjoyed for years and years the one sided
scoring system...I applaud the ARRL for considering this measure....if
this were passed, I would increase my participation in BOTH ARRL
contests..I have avoided the ARRL SSB for nearly a decade or more...it
would be time to dust off the microphones and participate in the ARRL
SSB...

The current scoring system needs to be repaired...it needs to allow
the playing field to be level...it needs to take geographical
advantages away.it needs to increase participation
in contesting once again...who knows, maybe K9NS might get active
again if he had more of a chance against the BIG THREE....

I applaud the ARRL CAC for considering this proposal....I hope that it
will get the undivided attention it needs, and I hope that for once
the playing field would be much more level than it is now.

ready for the incoming!!

de Rick NQ4I