[CQ-Contest] more money's worth

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] more money's worth
From: Rick Dougherty NQ4I <nq4i@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:11:05 -0400
I will take a stab at it once again.

There is not one person in the US who can prove to Me that the ARRL
contest is fair! Period! To think that if I get a better enginered
station, or work harder or get more property and then its'
fair....don't think so...its a simple rule of geography! Closer to
Europe is going to win time after time after time!

Don't blow smoke up my pants leg and try to tell me that it is fair
now...not going to happen....if the CAC wants to consider improving my
chanches...GREAT...I am all for it....do I think it wil be a level
playing field...not ever ...too many variables...but the one that is
GLARING in our face right now is GEOGRAPHY....plain and simple....

One Low Band dxer in our local contest club cried the blues after his
station got beat in CQ 160 for the second time in two years...wonder
why...maybe it's not engineered correct...maybe he does not have
enough property...maybe he hasn't spent enough time getting the
station ready...don't know ...but to me its plenty simple...not close
enough to Europe...one fact and one fact only affects the score like
no other .......GEOGRAPHY

I work a job that allows me 180+ days a year to devote to ham
radio...not many people have as much time to spend on the hobby as I
do...I spent a majorityof that time making improvements to the
station, doing antenna repairs, installing bigger and better
antennas..improving station interference, improving radio intra and
inter station interference...I have 2 dedicated engineers that advise
me
on all station matters..one has 3 PHD's!!! The Other is a SENIOR
engineer for one of the wireless telephone mega-giants....to imply
that my station needs more engineering is ABSURD!!!!

Why is it that a station in the New England area can equal my score
with tribanders and wires?? LOCATION....LOCATION.....LOCATION

My blood is boiling.....guess I need to get a few more engineers
involved...gotta get out and purchase more land...gotta retire so I
can do this full time....and MAYBE just MAYBE I might make the top 3
or 4

LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY....I am ready for the critism that I
just know is inbound!

NQ4I