[CQ-Contest] SO2R Skills and WRTC

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R Skills and WRTC
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:49:02 -0400
NQ6N wrote:

 > Nobody can deny that a SO2R takes great skill and so we
respect ops who win this way.

         Just an observation regarding SO2R and WRTC.  IMHO SO2R
skills have nothing to do with WRTC skills where each operator
uses 1 radio on 1 band at a time.  Yet most qualification contests
are dominated by SO2R results since that's the best way to win
multiband events.

         Isn't this is analogous to having the qualifying heats for
F1 racing based on NASCAR results?  Doesn't make sense to me.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV