[CQ-Contest] DXDOUBLER

To: "cq-contesting" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] DXDOUBLER
From: "DickT-W0RAA" <dickt@w0raa.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 13:55:35 -0600
I am considering getting a DXDoubler to run SO2R.  I have a few questions.

My station consists of a Yaesu FT-950 and Yaesu FT-857D.  I use a K1EL WKUSB
Winkeyer to key the rig for contesting in CW mode.  I have an amplifier but
don't use it in contests.  My antennas consist of a Cushcraft A3S at 34' and
a Butternut HF-9V ground mounted vertical.  I also have a VanGorden Short 80
meter dipole but it has not been put up since my original tower came down in
a wind storm in December.  Getting it back up is on the "To Do" list.  I use
a 4 postition LDG electronic antenna switch, and I have a couple switches to
go between the FT-950 & 857D if I want to change radios.  I haven't used the
FT-857D in a contest, but I would be willing to buy the narrow add-on
filters to improve it if I were to go SO2R.

My primary contest logging software is WriteLog (latest version) and I have
N1MM Logger as a backup.  I don't use it very much.  I operate RTTY/CW &
some SSB Contests.

With that being said, my questions are:

1.  Do I have the basics for SO2R?

2.  What would I need besides the DXDoubler (i.e. Stubs?, etc?)

3.  Are the antenna switch/switches I have adequate to do the job with SO2R?

4.  I read DON Hill's NCJ articles but have somewhat determined that a
DXDoubler will make switching between rigs easier, etc.

5.  I have a desktop computer with XP/SP3 and a laptop with same.  Do I need
more than one soundcard or computer?

Any assistance anybody can offer will be appreciated, even if it's "Forget
it!"  Hi Hi.

I probably have more questions but I don't know what the are right now.
Reply off-line if you want to.  use w0raa@arrl.net.

Dick
W0RAA