Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX & activity (Was: intended consequences)

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WPX & activity (Was: intended consequences)
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <richnn3w@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 09:17:20 -0400
From: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
To: "'Jeffrey Clarke'" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>; <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2011 11:44 PM

> Boy, I'd love that. It would reduce the frequency of eye rolling when I
> miss
> family time over Thanksgiving or Memorial Day weekend (or our anniversary,
> which is May 29) for the umpteenth time.

For what its worth - and this should serve as the basis for a little
statistical experiment - folks should pay attention to the year 2013.

In 2013, Thanksgiving falls on the latest possible date - November 28.  That
means that the fourth full weekend of November is BEFORE Thanksgiving -
November 23-24. So, unless the CQWW Committee goes off the rail and doesn't
follow its practice of using the full weekend of November, CQWW CW will not
be alligned with Turkey Day.

Will be interesting to see what total US activity is like that weekend.

73 Rich NN3W