[CQ-Contest] open logs

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] open logs
From: BRYON PAUL n0ah VEAL <bryonveal@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 21:26:46 -0600
Private logs may be a thing of the pass if and when certain contest require
live stream logging in the future.

An argument as to why to keep a log private might have a lot more to do with
one's region having "A" typical openings on bands most would assume closed yet
known only to the most seasoned contesters. Perhaps the DX clusters, skimmers,
etc...have made this once interesting knowledge of band strategy an advantage
of the past, but I can understand why certain contesters would like to keep
their plans their own- It is like having a photo of your Stratego set up
printed after each game.  Eventually, your competition is going to see an
advantage to try and beat you with it-

But like I stated in the beginning, with all the pressure to get logs in right
away to prevent check log advantages with live stream logging, my guess is we
are looking at a mute argument down the road-

Bryon "Paul" Veal  MAED
FCC Amateur Radio License-N0AH
n0ah@arrl.net
Certified ARRL Volunteer Wireless Technology Instructor
Acres Green Elementary School Amateur Radio Club Trustee - KD0NIV