Re: [CQ-Contest] Upcoming: 57th Worked All Europe DX Contest (WAEDC) CW

To: CQ-Contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Upcoming: 57th Worked All Europe DX Contest (WAEDC) CW
From: "Richard Ferch" <ve3iay@storm.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:25:12 -0400
I am fairly sure it means that it must be possible to make up your
mandatory off time using no more than three time periods. In other words,
you cannot use four 3-hour off periods to make up the 12 hours; you must
have no more than three off periods that among the three of them are long
enough to add up to 12 hours (for example 6, 3 and 3 hours). You can have
as many off periods as you want, but the three longest ones must add up to
12 hours or more. I believe, but am not certain, that if you had only one
off period of more than 12 hours, that would qualify (look at it this way:
three periods of 12 hours, 1 second and 1 second add up to more than 12
hours); ditto for two 6-hour off periods.

73,
Rich VE3KI