Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating - Big Amps

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating - Big Amps
From: e73m@e73m.com
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 19:42:36 -0500
WOW!!

Old saying is: "attack is best defence". Those were cheap shots.

First of all, I have announced my little experiment publicly among my
contest club members, secondly I was not exposed (sadly)and that is why
I wrote my little story.

On the other hand you are the one who is exposed and believe me I have
nothing personally against you. You are just the one who is in front as
committee member and perfect example of power cheater as dozens of other
top stations in EU.

To answer your first question, what am I trying to say.

You can not judge me and other rule obeying contesters. Based on your
BS written below I call for your resignation as member of CQWW contest
committie. It would be honorable thing to do.

Maybe readers from across the pond are not fully aware of WIDE signals
from your station and many others, but we in EU can easily see who is
running "juice".

BTW your story about overhead power and saving your amplifiers in RTTY
mode is another big BS.

I ran Alpha 8100 at 1500w for 48 hours in RTTY mode for several years
now without problems. Even Alpha users manual states that amplifier has
to be driven at design power otherwise it will heat up, which we
experienced when tried to operate at 750W.
Everybody with some amplifier building knowledge is familiar what
happens when you run amplifier at 1500w designed with output filter for
5+ kW. It is not properly tuned and splatter is one of the products.

So, either you are uninformed, ignorant or just playing dumb, I can not
say.

I stand by my claim that you are cheater and now can say liar too.

This is end of pissing contest for me, I leave you to fuel your ego
with all that extra power and 300km/h car.

Danny, E73M and N4EXA
  http://www.e73m.com