Re: [CQ-Contest] How to SO2R for a SS newbie?

To: "'Barry'" <w2up@comcast.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] How to SO2R for a SS newbie?
From: "Steven Lott Smith" <lottsphoto@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 08:56:16 -0500
Barry

The main thing is remember only one xmt signal at ANT given instant.
And yes since the exchange is long, we mainly use the second rig to hunt for
multips and we wait for a smart time to call them versus jumping them faster
in a DX contest

Timing is everything esp when once ur on the other rig a long twisted
exchange WILL cause a loss in ur run freq
Get the exchange right the first time on the multip rig
Listen for anyone about to grab and run with your run freq

See you in arrl SS !

Cheers!
KG5VK