[CQ-Contest] Oceania Ladder Sprint competition

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Oceania Ladder Sprint competition
From: "Phillip" <zl2tze@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 06:39:36 +1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)

 Hi all in the Oceania area

Oceania Area Ladder Sprints Proposal

Is there any one keen / interested in a Ladder competition over 3
modes over 3 bands, 30 minute sessions in each mode over 11 months best of
10 score, with the lowest score dropped , 1 night a month but not in
December .

The 3 modes are CW, ( A Digital mode) , SSB the 3 bands are 80, 40, 20 (
the digital mode will be either RTTY , PSK ) the modes and times will

You can enter 1 mode, 2 modes, or all of them it is 3 separate
competitions lumped into one on 1 night ..

After the 11 events the 1st 3 placing's get certificates and the winner of
each mode will take away a trophy.

This will be a self funding event the whole competition for the 11 events
will cost you $ 5-00 total which is payable before you post your first log..

The self funding is to get certificates printed and the 3 small trophies
each year.

I am looking for 2 more trustees to help administer this and do a final
rules draft so if you are interested please email me direct !
I don't care if you are at either end of the Islands or in VK ..

At this stage its a feeler I do have some rules drawn up, I have been in
touch with others around the world and they have given me some ideas and
pointers. I have been working on this now for a number of months.

Oceania is lacking in quick fire events maybe this will stir some interest
other that Nets every night of the week !

ARRL , RSGB and others run these Ladder sprints and are very well supported

This is for you it's up to you to respond with your thoughts ..

I am not looking for a rewrite of what is on the table I am after your
thoughts and I would appreciate constructive input and not a 4 word single
line time wasting comment !!

Please email the ZLDXC yahoogroup or me direct
zl2tze@yahoo.com.au

73 Phillip
ZL2TZE