Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED-- was: =>RE:Chea

To: "Bob Naumann" <W5OV@W5OV.COM>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Determining ASSISTED vs NON-ASSISTED-- was: =>RE:Chea
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 16:31:26 -0400
> correct your log after the contest not only as acceptable, but I consider
> it
> excellent operating technique. If one does not use notes to correct his
> errors during the contest, I consider that sloppy operating. I am in 100%
> in
> favor of notes being used to correct errors after the contest.
>
> Does that clear up your concerns on the matter?

Thank you Bob, for the common sense reply.

It has always been my understanding that correction notes made during the
contest were OK to use at the end. I also never felt bad at all using a
partial paper and partial computer log when I was having computer troubles.

Now if we can get people to understand how to read power meters correctly,
we can move on to talking about more useful fun things like kicking puppies
or pulling on kitten tails.

73 Tom